Thursday, April 8, 2010

Help poor Basotho youth in desperate need of frisbees!

I've mentioned before that I have been teaching students at my school how to play frisbee. It is growing increasingly popular, with a few new faces venturing to try it out each day we play. My principal has gone on record calling it a fantastic activity. I suspect we are not far from starting an actual Frisbee Club.  Pretty exciting.

Clubs and sports are sorely lacking from my students lives, and frisbee represents a great avenue to address this issue. It also addresses one of Peace Corps' three fundamental goals, that of spreading awareness of American culture. And, in the interest of full disclosure, it's exceedingly fun.

The problem is, I only have one Frisbee. It's a few years old, and after recently sustaining some critical injuries, it's now on life support. In other words, it has multiple cracks and won't last much longer. Real frisbees do not exist in Lesotho, and from what I can tell, they're not in SA either.

So, this is a plea for someone to help me out by buying 2 or 3 DISCCRAFT brand Frisbees, and mailing them to me. I will gladly pay you back for the discs and for shipping. If you are interested in helping, please, email me!

In closing, I refer you to this compelling argument from Helen Lovejoy. Kea leboha!

No comments:

Post a Comment